A refreshing programming language for the front-end web, aiming to solve the most common issues of Single Page Applications (SPAs) at a language level:
- Reusable components
- Global and local state handling
- Synchronous and asynchronous computations that might fail
While focusing on:
- Developer happiness
- Fast compilation
The project is in development, we are still tweaking the language and standard library.
There are two bigger applications which can be used as examples / learning material:
- the Mint implementation of realworld.io (~3300 LOC) - DEMO SOURCE
- the old Mint website (~3100 LOC) SOURCE
It would be great if you could take part in this short survey to provide your feedback about Mint.
Also, visit Awesome Mint, to see more guides, tutorials and examples.
Read the general Contributing guide, and then:
- Fork it (https://github.com/mint-lang/mint/fork)
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
Ways you can contribute
- use the language - this is the most helpful thing at this stage because we can discover bugs and missing features this way
- documentation and website - the documentation always needs some work, if you discover that something is not documented or can be improved you can create a PR for it in the website repository
- language features - if you have any idea about a new language feature, create a detailed issue about it with examples and description (why is it needed? what problems does it solve?)
- code review - the compiler can use a thorough code review, also code reviews for PRs are welcome
- standard library - the standard library is incomplete and needs a lot of work:
- create modules for not yet implemented Web APIs (or a separate package)
Timemodule needs some rethinking and possibly a rewrite
- a lot of modules like
Dom, etc... are missing a lot of features, you can add new functions here (with tests)
- write a package - if you have a feature you use and can be moved into a package it can be good for other developers
- marketing - write blog posts and such to help others become aware of the language
- compiler - there are a few issues that could be fixed and features that can be implemented in the compiler
Why functions called
fun instead of
You can find an explanation in this issue: https://github.com/mint-lang/mint/issues/55#issuecomment-404886342
Why is the language called Mint?
You can find an explanation in this issue: https://github.com/mint-lang/mint/issues/53#issuecomment-404717310
What makes Mint unique?
You can find an explanation in this issue: https://github.com/mint-lang/mint/issues/70#issuecomment-412324721
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers! 🙏 [Become a backer]
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]
- 2 days ago
- March 16, 2018
BSD 3-Clause "New" or "Revised" License
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:15:46 GMT