Crystal Programming Language
This is the language reference for the Crystal programming language.
Crystal is a programming language with the following goals:
- Have a syntax similar to Ruby (but compatibility with it is not a goal).
- Be statically type-checked, but without having to specify the type of variables or method parameters.
- Be able to call C code by writing bindings to it in Crystal.
- Have compile-time evaluation and generation of code, to avoid boilerplate code.
- Compile to efficient native code.
Crystal's standard library is documented in the API docs.
Contributing to the Language Reference
Do you consider yourself a helpful person? If you find bugs or sections which need more clarification you're welcome to contribute to this language reference. You can submit a pull request to this repository: https://github.com/crystal-lang/crystal-book
Thank you very much!
Building and Serving Locally
$ git clone https://github.com/crystal-lang/crystal-book $ cd crystal-book
Live preview (at http://127.0.0.1:8000):
$ make serve INFO - Building documentation... INFO - Cleaning site directory INFO - Documentation built in 3.02 seconds INFO - Serving on http://127.0.0.1:8000 ...
Build into the
site directory (some functionality won't work if opening the files locally):
$ make build
Adding a page
To add a page, create a Markdown file in the desired location. Then, add a link in the
SUMMARY.md file which acts as the navigation for the language reference.
- about 10 hours ago
- June 27, 2016
Mon, 02 Aug 2021 11:34:16 GMT