image:https://img.shields.io/github/release/psykube/psykube.svg["Releases", link="https://github.com/psykube/psykube/releases"] image:https://img.shields.io/github/license/psykube/psykube.svg["License", link="https://github.com/psykube/psykube/blob/master/LICENSE"] image:https://img.shields.io/travis/psykube/psykube.svg["Travis", link="https://travis-ci.org/psykube/psykube"]
Kubernetes is a powerful tool, but configuring with it and working with the various commands can be complex and tedious. Psykube aims to make your application configuration more concise and to make interacting with your application more simple and PaaS-like.
''' toc:: '''
Combine configuration of various files into one simplified manifest.
Easily assign schedule
CronJobsfor your application.
Easily specify different pieces of configuration for different clusters.
Build, Push, and Apply in a single command.
execinto an application pod without looking up a
port-forwarda port without looking up a
Jobsfor your application and run them easily from the command line.
psykube run-job migrate
Easily understand the status of your application.
Tail the logs of all the running pods in your application.
Mac OSX via Homebrew
brew tap psykube/homebrew brew install psykube
CI and Linux Environments
curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/psykube/psykube/master/travis.sh | bash
brew install crystal-lang
You can follow the steps below to clone and compile psykube. Once compiled you can find the binary at
git clone git@github:psykube/psykube.git shards build psykube
Initialize and Configure the Project
To get started, run
psykube init inside your project. For details on how to configure the manifest, see link:./documentation/configuration[documentation/configuration].
psykube apply to build the docker image, push it to the specified registry, and apply the generated kubernetes manifests. Psykube will ensure that the generated manifests are properly linked together. A typical application may include:
- A link:https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/workloads/controllers/deployment[Deployment] for the application.
- A link:https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/configure-pod-container/configure-pod-configmap[ConfigMap] to hold configuration.
- A link:https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/configuration/secret[Secret] to hold sensitive information.
- A link:https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/service[Service] to expose the application to the cluster.
- An link:https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/ingress[Ingress] to expose the application to the internet.
Psykube makes things simple, but due to the sheer amount of use cases it covers, you can read more in the documentation section in link:./docs[docs].
- about 1 month ago
- December 13, 2016
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 03:04:03 GMT