A POSIX-like x86-64 kernel and userspace written in Crystal.
A CPU with x64 support is required to run the OS. The Makefile provides a script which will run QEMU on the kernel:
To run with storage, an MBR-formatted hard drive image with a FAT16 partition must be provided in the running directory with the name
drive.img. The kernel will automatically boot the
main.bin executable on the hard drive, or panic if it can't be loaded.
Issue this command to run with gdb attached:
- Basic x86-64 support
- Hybrid conservative-precise incremental garbage collector
- IDE/ATA support (well, it can only load from primary master)
- FAT16 support
- Unix syscalls (open, read, write, spawn,...)
- Preemptive multitasking!
- Userspace C library written in Crystal (mostly)
- A window manager and some graphical programs (terminal emulator, file manager)
- And much more as I go...
Lilith is licensed under MIT. See LICENSE for more details.
- 25 days ago
- July 1, 2019
Thu, 02 Apr 2020 03:57:15 GMT