This is a simple ticketing application meant for use with customers to communicate issues with whomever is admin for the site. The main goal for this application is to be lightweight and to be fast to both deploy and run.
Users when joining need to be approved by an admin before being able to do anything, the reason for this is to prevent spam and to prevent people making multiple accounts for whatever reason.
There's an admin view and a user view where users can only see their tickets and create new ones, while admins can see all users and all tickets.
If you want to help, feel free to make a PR and help out with this. If you do help out I will add you in the list of contributors.
No email support currently, mailers are still WIP.
These instructions will get a copy of this project running on your machine for development and testing purposes.
Please see deployment for notes on deploying the project in production.
Add your logo to
Add whatever CSS to
public/ and change the reference in
To start your Amber server:
- Install dependencies with
- Build executables with
- Create and migrate your database with
bin/amber db create migrate. Also see creating the database.
- Start Amber server with
Now you can visit http://localhost:3000/ from your browser.
Using Docker? Please check Amber Docker guides.
To run the test suite:
- Fork it ( https://git.materialfuture.net/MaterialFuture/ticketing-app )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- @materialfuture Konstantine - creator, maintainer
- Minimal CSS
- Restrict views based on roles (ie admin, user, potential others)
- Users must be approved by admin
- User signs up
- Admin gets email of new user
- Admin sees on dashboard the list of unapproved users and can take actions
- Email system to let admins and users get updates on their tickets
- Emails on ticket status updates along with new comments
- Ticket features
- Comments for tickets
- File uploads for tickets
- 4 months ago
- August 16, 2020
Fri, 22 Jan 2021 22:39:41 GMT